Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salsa Dip
Looking for a healthy dip or side dish you can take to a summer picnic or cookout? Or maybe you just like to have fast and easy recipes on hand for a light lunch? This ridiculously delicious salsa/dip/side dish can easily become your summertime (or anytime) go-to. It packs dynamic flavor, awesome texture, and easy preparation into one quick recipe. And it's so, so, SO good!!!
I got this from a recipe party a friend held a few years back (so fun! I totally need to start those up again!) and have made this about a zillion times since then. It's always a huge hit. And truthfully? I could eat the whole dang bowl by myself. *makes oinking noises*
You can eat this awesome veggie-based dish:
- On tortilla chips (as a dip)
- Over salads, potatoes, or cottage cheese (as a topping)
- On crusty bread (just make sure to drain the juices first)
- On fish, chicken, or burgers
- By itself!
Want the recipe?
(You: "Duh, yesssss! Quit holding out on us!)
Okay, then. Here you gooooooo:
Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 cans sweet yellow corn, rinsed and drained (I use 2, because CORN)
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced (or amount to taste)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 2-3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, diced (or amount to taste)
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly squeezed lime or a few squirts of ready-made lime juice
- Mix well, refrigerate, and ENJOY!
Note: the flavors come out best after it's been refrigerated for a few hours, but if you're short on time, room temperature is just fine. I like it any which way. It also keeps well for up to 3 (or so) days ... if it makes it that long! ;-)
Are you going to try this? If you do, stop back here and leave a comment letting us know how you ate it. (My fav way is with super salty tortilla chips! Nommmmm!)